The 25 Best Nightclubs of All Time: #22 LimeLight
City: New York
Address: 47 West 20th St.
This episcopal church-turned-nightclub became notorious for the less-than-holy activities going down behind closed doors and stained glass windows, making it almost as frequent a stop for cops as it was for clubbers. However, there’s no denying that Peter Gatien’s party sanctuary was unlike any other club out, from its unconventional home to its even more unconventional clientele: the club kid. For most of us, Halloween comes once a year. For Limelight’s unique brand of patrons, it came every weekend. If you weren’t more or less making every pedestrian around you want to cross the street, you looked like shit at the Limelight.
- envangel reblogged this from icrowdcontrol
- architectureofsilence reblogged this from icrowdcontrol and added:
- asaucerfulofcinema likes this
- estanvivos reblogged this from icrowdcontrol
- jeaninedafeen likes this
- kill-like17 likes this
- formerly-samarkands reblogged this from magicklaughterbloodandlove and added:
- magicklaughterbloodandlove reblogged this from icrowdcontrol
- icrowdcontrol posted this